Stories & MomentsClick here to follow Dominique's travels
Our newest shop is a celebration of croissants, located right inside of our pastry production kitchens here in Flatiron, NYC, just a block up from Madison Square Park. Stop in for a taste of all different types of croissants and breakfast viennoiserie, stroll to the park, and enjoy!
LAUNCHING FRIDAY, JULY 16TH, 2021 AT 8AM!
MON-FRI 8AM-4PM | SAT-SUN 8AM-6PM .
For more information and menu, check out:
Our newest sister shop in Hong Kong, Dang Wen Li (當文歷餅店) by Dominique Ansel, is now open at H Queen’s in Central! The menu features a capsule collection of pastries made just for Hong Kong inspired by local ingredients and traditions, plus made-to-order creations and classic French viennoiserie.
For more information and the full menu, check out the shop’s website:
We’re thrilled to announce that Dang Wen Li (當文歷餅店) by Dominique Ansel is now officially open in Hong Kong! Located at Ocean Terminal in Harbour City, the beautiful new shop features a capsule collection of new pastries made just for Hong Kong, plus made-to-order creations and classic French viennoiserie.
For more information and the full menu, check out the shop’s website:
Read more about Chef Dominique’s newest concept: Dang Weng Li by Dominique Ansel, opening in Hong Kong this December 2019. The South China Morning Post has the latest news on this exclusive capsule collection, featuring brand new pastries and treats created by Chef Dominique just for Hong Kong.
The post Get the Exclusive Scoop on Dang Wen Li in the South China Morning Post appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
Dear Hong Kong, we are so excited today to finally introduce you to 當文歷, Dang Weng Li by Dominique Ansel, a capsule collection of pastries and treats created especially for Hong Kong by Chef Dominique. The new shop will launch in December 2019 at Harbour City in Tsim Sha Tsui, and we can’t wait to share more details with you all soon.
Visit DangWenLi.com to stay in touch and count down with us.
The post Hello, Hong Kong! Introducing Dang Wen Li by Dominique Ansel – launching December 2019 appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
We’re thrilled to announce Chef Dominique’s brand new cookbook, Everyone Can Bake, Simple Recipes to Master & Mix. We give you the recipe fundamentals, you mix and master them to create the culinary masterpieces of your sweetest dreams. Out Spring 2020. Pre-order now at DominiqueAnselBook.com.
The post Pre-order Dominique’s new cookbook: Everyone Can Bake appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
Once a year, we source the very best summer fruits from around the world for Summer Marché, where we turn our entire pastry case into a farmers market fruit stand. This year in Soho from MON. JULY 22-SUN. JULY 28, we’ve made 11 different fresh fruit tarts, including:
- Peach Pie Donut Peach Tart with red peach jam & honey thyme ganache
- Harry’s Berries Strawberry Tart with juicy ripe Harry’s Berries strawberries from Southern California, strawberry jam, & anise mascarpone ganache
- Champagne Mango Tart with sliced champagne mangoes (a variety with a floral honey flavor and almost no fibrous texture), mango jam, & Madagascar vanilla ganache
- Rosé Raspberry Tart with pink-ombré hues California rosé raspberries, raspberry jam, & basil ganache
- Black Mission Fig Tart with sliced black mission figs (which first came to the US when missionaries planted them in San Diego), fig jam, & shisho ganache
- Maradol Papaya Tart with fragrant Maradol papayas (which have a sweet ripe melon flavor and soft tender texture), lime ganache, & lime jam
- Rambutan Tart with fresh rambutan (similar to lychee with juicy flesh and sweet floral notes), lychee ganache, almond frangipane, & lime zest
- Fresh Passion Fruit Tart with creamy Valrhona milk chocolate ganache & fresh passionfruit agar (with tart fruity notes and seeds that pop)
- Kingsburg Orchards Red Pluot Tart with sliced pluots (a hybrid between plums and apricots from a 5th generation farm in Kingsburg, California), almond frangipane, & maple brown sugar ganache
- Golden Pineapple Tart with juicy golden pineapples from Costa Rica, lime zest, fromage blanc chantilly, & tropical guava jam
- Blackberry Earl Grey Tart with hand-picked blackberries & creamy earl grey tea-infused ganache
PLUS: Summer Marché will be coming to LA (July 29-Aug 4) and London (Aug 2-4) too!
This year marks Chef Dominique’s 15th year in New York City, so to celebrate, we’ve transformed our entire pastry case into a dessert tribute to NYC with 9 brand new pastries inspired by all the things we love about the Big Apple! From a Bodega Coffee Cup Tiramisu to an “Everything Bagel & Schmear” Pavlova, a New York Slice of pizza (that’s actually a strawberry tart), a Haute Dog made of raspberry cremeux and lady finger “buns” and more – it’s the most delicious ode to NYC!
Stop in to the Bakery through Labor Day (September 2nd) to try the full line-up, which includes:
- Bodega Coffee Tiramisu – a nod to those iconic blue coffee cups at the corner bodega, with espresso & amaretto-soaked almond biscuit, mascarpone ganache, and dark chocolate mousse
- “Everything Bagel & Schmear” Pavlova – honey graham cracker meringue topped with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and toasted coconut, filled with cheesecake mousse and sour cherry jam
- New York Slice – a slice of “pizza” that’s actually a strawberry tart, with fromage blanc mousse, fresh sliced strawberries, strawberry basil jam, kirsch-soaked almond biscuit, and a vanilla sablé “crust”
- Pretzel – inspired by fluffy street cart soft pretzels, with pretzel bavaroise, soft caramel, and crispy peanut butter feuilletine
- Haute Dog – New Yorkers’ favorite snack, a hot dog with the works! – but in this case, made with fluffy biscuit à la cuillère (ladyfingers) soaked in coconut syrup, with raspberry cremeux, passion fruit curd, and shredded coconut
- A Bite of the Big Apple – with apple gelée, fresh Gala apples, and vanilla bavaroise, set atop vanilla sablé with a hint of sharp cheddar (a nod to a classic apple pie crust)
- A Stroll in Central Park Chocolate Hazelnut Acorn – hazelnut mousse, blackberry crème de cassis jam, hazelnut dacquoise, and crispy hazelnut feuilletine
- Yellow Taxi Salted Caramel Éclair – filled with creamy salted caramel pastry cream
- Spring Street Chocolate Éclair – filled with chocolate pastry cream and named for our Soho home and the Spring Street station down the block!
The post Meet our New York Collection! (Available through Labor Day 9/2) appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
This past weekend, Chef Dominique traveled to Paris – a place he called home for many years during his pastry training – to bring a number of his signature DAB pastries to the City of Lights for the very first time. Thank you to Yann Couvreur and his team at Yann Couvreur Pâtisserie for welcoming us for the pop-up, and to everyone in Paris and travelers from around the world who stopped by! Our Frozen S’mores, Cookie Shots, and Chef Dominique’s brand new NYC-inspired Pretzel cake, felt right at home.
Flour. Butter. Sugar. Eggs. The foundations of pastry, the core ingredients in a croissant, and the inspiration for Chef Dominique’s new limited-edition Koio sneakers. Available in both men’s & women’s sizes, they feature floury white suede, buttery patent leather, crystallized sandy leather, and crisp eggshell white leather.
Click HERE to purchase – it all kicks off Thursday, May 9th at 9AM!
The post Introducing the Dominique Ansel X Koio Limited-Edition Sneaker appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
We’re excited to announce our DKA’s and cookies are now available at Amazon’s first-ever Amazon Go store in NYC!
Starting on Tuesday, May 7th, visit the new Amazon Go store in Brookfield Place and get a taste of some of our bakery signatures. Simply scan your Amazon Go app, grab a DKA and a few cookies (including our signature Chocolate Chunk and Double Chocolate Pecan, and new exclusive Snickerdoodle and Blueberry Oatmeal cookies), and just walk out. It’s that easy.
The post Try our DKA’s & Cookies at the new Amazon Go store in NYC appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
Chef Dominique and the team are excited to announce we’ll be bringing some of our signature pastries to Paris for the very first time at a pop-up at Yann Couvreur Pâtisserie from Friday, May 17th to Sunday, May 19th!
Paris holds a special place in Dominique’s heart, as he trained in the City of Lights for years before moving to NYC to pursue his dreams. He’s excited to bring the Cookie Shot, Frozen S’mores, Mini Madeleines, and even a brand new NYC-inspired Pretzel cake (inspired by those iconic city street cart soft pretzels) that he’s created just for this weekend. Plus, a few lucky guests will have the chance to win a Cronut® pastry too!
Hope to see you all there!
Yann Couvreur Pâtisserie
23 bis rue des Rosiers
Friday, May 17th: 9AM-8PM
Saturday, May 18th: 10AM-8PM
Sunday, May 19th: 9AM-8PM
Congratulations to the team at MasterClass for picking up a prestigious James Beard Foundation Award last night for Best Online Video, Foxes Location and/or Instructional, for their incredible work on Dominique’s French pastry fundamentals class.
If you haven’t checked it out yet, click here for Dominique’s MasterClass, where he shows you how to make the classic, from mini madeleines to a perfect chocolate cake, decadent bonbons, a croissant, and more.
The post Chef Dominique’s Masterclass wins James Beard Award appeared first on Dominique Ansel New York.
Chef Dominique and Team DAB are excited to announce the launch of a brand new concept at the heart of London’s Covent Garden neighborhood, coming soon and marking our second location across the pond.
Stay tuned here for more details!
Chef Dominique and Team DAB are excited to welcome Chef Cédric Grolet to NYC for a three-day pop-up April 5-7 at Dominique Ansel Bakery. This marks the very first time that Cédric has ever served his pastries outside of Paris, bringing 3 of his iconic fruit pastries to the Big Apple for this exclusive collaboration.
Stop by the Bakery in Soho from 8am on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6, and from 9am on Sunday, April 7 (while supplies last).
We’re excited to announce we’ll be bringing a brand new concept to Hong Kong soon! Stay tuned for updates, as we get ready to create something entirely new, something that isn’t the Cronut®, something that isn’t DAB altogether, to Hong Kong for the first time.
The Cronut® is turning 5 years old this month, and we’re celebrating around the world in our shops in Soho, Tokyo, London, and Los Angeles on Saturday, May 12th with complimentary Cronut® Holes in our very first flavors from each city! Stop by and wish our little pastry a Happy 5th Birthday!
Our friends at Good Morning America spoke with a few of our favorite guests about their Cronut® memories. Read the whole story below, and be sure to stop by on May 12th to celebrate with us!
Circumference / diameter = pi(e)! ? We’re excited to be a part of today’s Google Doodle to celebrate Pi Day. For Chef Dominique, part of what he loves most about baking is that it’s a combination of mathematics, science, and art – it has to be measured, precise, and exact, and with a little butter, flour, sugar, and eggs, and a whole lot of imagination, you can create anything. Happy π Day!
Click on the link to watch a behind-the-scenes video of when team Google stopped by Dominique Ansel Kitchen and we baked a pie together:
Welcome two brand new additions to the Dominique Ansel family: our new Los Angeles shop, Dominique Ansel Bakery Los Angeles, and our first-ever restaurant, 189 by Dominique Ansel, now officially OPEN at The Grove!
We’re excited to share a brand new menu of pastries out on the West Coast, and most of all, our first-ever restaurant complete with dinner, a full bar and cocktail program, and a really fun and new way to enjoy brunch that we’re calling Weekend Table.
Check out all the details at www.DominiqueAnselLA.com, and we’ll see you soon at our new West Coast home!
It’s official! Our LA restaurant now has a name: 189 by Dominique Ansel will be opening at The Grove this coming Fall 2017. The name is a special one for Chef Dominique, as our original Soho Bakery is located at 189 Spring Street, where everything began in 2011 with just four employees. Our LA address just happens to be at 189 The Grove Drive, so it was meant to be! It reminds us of our home and now we’ll have a second home on the West Coast too.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Congratulations to Chef Dominique for being named the World’s Best Pastry Chef by the World’s 50 Best Restaurant Awards! Chef Dominique was awarded this prestigious honor at the annual awards ceremony which took place in Melbourne, Australia this year. He is the youngest and the only U.S.-based chef to be bestowed this award.
Thank you to all of our guests who have visited us from all over the world in New York, Tokyo, and London! We are so grateful to have such wonderful guests who inspire us to continue creating every day.
We’re excited to announce that this Fall 2017, Chef Dominique will be opening his first-ever full-service restaurant in Los Angeles. This will mark Chef’s largest project to date, and of course his eponymous Bakery will also be at the heart of it all. The LA Times shares the news first – read more about it here, and stay tuned for updates!
A complimentary late-night dessert delivery! Inspired by our favorite takeout comfort food, we worked with Baileys to develop a special Dessert “Ramen” – our Baileys Bakeout Noodles. Made with Kaitafi “noodles” over a Baileys Irish Cream-soaked bread and butter pudding, it’s served warm and topped with a passionfruit “egg,” coconut marshmallow “fishcake,” and a waffle “nori.” It’s even accompanied by a little “hot sauce” packet that’s really our homemade cherry jam.
Want one delivered FREE to your doorstep? Head to https://dabaileysbakeout.eventbrite.com starting on Thursday 12/1 at 12pm EST through Wednesday morning 12/7 at midnight to enter for a chance to receive your own complimentary dessert delivery. The first 200 fans who register, are above the legal drinking age, and live within our delivery zone (between Canal to 96th Street, from the east to the west side) will receive their very own late-night Baileys Bakeout Noodles delivery between Thursday 12/8-Sunday 12/11.
This year for the very first time, we are able to ship our signature Christmas Morning Cereal anywhere in the United States (except AK and HI). Enjoy Chef Ansel’s delightful treat and share with friends and family for the holidays. Online orders for nationwide shipping launch WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30 at 12PM.